For all Adults involved with youth soccer: Coaches, Team Managers, Board Members, Administrators, etc.
Last year Congress passed the Abuse Prevention Act, U.S. Soccer established requirements for all adults involved in youth soccer, and Massachusetts Youth Soccer has now created the MA Safe Soccer platform to provide the safest possible soccer environment for all players and participants.
What does this mean to you? There are several requirements for all adults involved with youth soccer activities. The key elements are:
- Expansion of Background Checks, including State and National Sex Offender Searches
- Abuse Prevention Education and Training
- Concussion Training (CDC’s Heads Up Coaches Course)
- Adherence to new Mass Youth Soccer Player and Participant Safety Policy
- New Membership Management System for Adult/Volunteer Registrations
Full information can be found here: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/about/ma-safe-soccer/ and a PDF of Mass Youth Soccer’s 6/28/19 email outlining the changes and requirements can be found here: 6/28/19 communication.
Yes, there is a lot to digest. The overall steps are quite simple:
- Go to Holliston’s Soccer Connect web site page: http://holliston.mayouthsoccerconnect.org/home.php
- Click “Register Now” and follow instructions (on-screen or per step-by-step document below) to establish your account. Keep your username and passwords handy for future log-ons.
- Follow instructions (on-screen or per step-by-step document below) to acknowledge and permit the background checks.
- Complete Abuse Prevention and Concussion Training, then upload the certificates.
- Going forward, you can log in and look at your account dashboard to see your compliance statuses for background checks and required annual training.
- Once your background checks are cleared and training requirements are met for the current season, HYSA will print out your Mass Youth Soccer credential and you’re all set to go.
Step-by-step instructions for Soccer Connect can be found here.