Parents and Coaches-
With the recent news regarding new COVID cases affecting Holliston, we wanted to send out a reminder about your responsibilities and expectations regarding HYSA players that may be exhibiting signs or symptoms of COVID.
When a player may be exhibiting signs or symptoms of COVID which include the following (list was obtained from the CDC website):
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Parents: please do not send your player to practices or games if they are exhibiting signs or symptoms of COVID. Coaches have the authority to send your player home and subsequently would require a healthcare provider to clear them to continue participation in future practices and games.
Coaches: you are allowed to remove a player from practices and games and send them home if they are exhibiting signs or symptoms of COVID.We understand that it’s unlikely that as parents and coaches that you are experts in infectious disease and so we ask that each of you use your best judgement in making these decisions and when in doubt to please err on the side of caution when allowing player participation in practices and games.
MA Youth Soccer updated their guidelines today and here is the summary:
- Spectators must wear masks when entering and leaving a facility but can take the mask off when at the field to watch the game. Note that BAYS is currently still requiring spectators at Travel games to wear a mask at all times.
- Spectator family units must continue to maintain 6′ distance from other spectator family units.
- Players and Referees age 18 and under do not need to wear a mask while playing/officiating, but must wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility and while on the bench/sidelines.
- Players and Referees age 19 and older must wear a mask while playing/officiating and when entering and exiting the facility and while on the bench/sidelines.
- All participants (players/coaches/refs) must wear a mask while on the sidelines or in a huddle (regardless of age, vaccination status, or whether they have a medical exemption or not).
- Coaches will be required to wear face coverings and maintain 6′ distance at all times.
- We will still keep attendance at practices and games.
- We will still stagger practices and games to limit interactions.
Thank you again for your attention to this. We are all in this together as a community to help keep everyone healthy and safe. With everything going on we consider ourselves fortunate to be able to provide soccer as an outlet for the kids in Holliston. Again, we just ask that we all do our part here so that HYSA can continue to fulfill its mission.
HYSA Executive Board